Ralliart Owners > RA: Maintenance

Best break-in practices for the 4B11

<< < (5/5)

RCameron412:

--- Quote from: quaggo on June 30, 2011, 12:04:44 PM ---My 09 Ralliart does the same thing you described when shifting out of park. It is most noticeable when putting it into reverse to back out of a parking spot/garage.

--- End quote ---

Same here, and the orange R will start blinking if i hit the gas before it engages.

Dakingsofly:

--- Quote from: kaotikkaos on August 05, 2009, 07:28:01 AM ---AhaH I have had my GTS since April 08, so about 16 months, I have 27k, is that good? I got the car with 50 miles on it lol....

--- End quote ---
LOL I had my 09 GTS since November 08, I have 29k, I got mines with 6 miles on it

powight:
When I break-in my new cars I use conventional oil for the first 5k miles changing the oil at 1000, 3000 and at 5000 I switch to Mobil 1 synthetic for the life of the engine.  I also vary my speeds mostly by driving city streets with varying speed limits and traffic lights.  My morning commute is only 10 miles so I will take the freeway occasionally too.  My friends and I use this method in several makes & models with positive results.  My RPM's generally do not exceed 3-4k during the first 1000 miles.  This is my take at breaking in an engine, maybe too cautious but oh well.

brandonnys:

--- Quote from: Lancer//Art on July 29, 2009, 01:07:56 PM ---I do have the slight problem or maybe I'm just noticing it more now, but when I park and go from Drive to Reverse to back up, it seems to lag, like I will push on the gas to go backwards and it doesn't kick in for about 3-5 seconds.  Anyone else have this issue?  Can it be explained?  If not I'm worried!

--- End quote ---

I noticed this with my RA. I don't know if it's supposed to do that because of the SST tranny, but I just deal with it.

My 2009 RA has nearly 30K on it, and I think that mine is only getting better with age.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version